Mental health and COVID-19 guidance produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) and partners. This includes the interim briefing note addressing ‘Mental Health and Psychosocial Aspects of COVID-19 Outbreak’ from the Inter-Agency Standing Committee, which is the highest-level co-ordination forum of the United Nations.
Every Mind Matters NHS website – promoting mental health and wellbeing
Public mental health Community of Practice on the Knowledge Hub. This is for public health practitioners and organisations who have an interest in addressing the mental health impacts of COVID-19. Councils can share their local actions, documents and connect with others in this hub.
Advice on helping others during the coronavirus emergency
Published: 26 March 2020, Gov.uk
Briefing for Directors of Public Health about the public health and wellbeing issues arising from the coronavirus outbreak. This has been produced jointly by the Local Government Association and the Association of Directors of Public Health.
Communications practitioners, read the Local Public Sector resource featuring the Chartered Institute of Public Relation’s wellbeing support, iProvision and its mental health support line.
– CIPR iprovision and wellbeing support
– CIPR page linking to resources on mental health
Mental health and wellbeing charities
View the Easy Read section for additional resources.
Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak, Mental Health Foundation charity
Coronavirus and your wellbeing, MIND charity
If you’re worried about your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak, Samaritans charity
Royal College of Psychiatrists guidance for clinicians. It is working with NHS England and Improvement to update guidance for psychiatrists and other healthcare professionals working in mental health settings.
Health charities information on coronavirus
These are just some of the charities providing information in connection with the UK’s governmental bodies.
Autism and learning disabilities:
– also view sections on guidance to the Care sector contained in the CIPR’s LPS resource, and the Easy Read guides
– National Autistic Society’s page on coronavirus
– Information on going outside for exercise restrictions for people with a significant health condition, Cabinet Office, 29 March 2020
– National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society advice on coronavirus and RA
– British Association of Rheumatology and NHS England guidance for rheumatologists during the pandemic, 7 April 2020
– Arthritis Foundation: coronavirus and arthritis
– Versus arthritis
– Psoriasis Association section (first published 5 March 2020, updated at intervals). Includes a FAQs video on psoriasis and COVID-19 with Professor Griffiths.