A frequent question received in the last few weeks has been about auto play videos on websites. The user can switch off these videos to improve their user experience or for better accessibility.
Here are some tips:
- on your desktop machine or tablet devices, choose the ‘Settings’ option in your internet browser.
- you can switch off ‘autoplay’ or choose when videos automatically start to play (e.g. when viewed on WiFi) or in some browsers, choose only the preview to play. The image shows the options for the Google browser.
- click on save once you have picked the settings you want to use.
- you may need to close the browser for the settings to be effective.
- some phones may not display this setting and auto play can be switched off in the device’s main settings section.