Non Stop News UK is providing support to communications practitioners and emergency planners and #AIforGood researchers through resources and signposting on coronavirus (COVID-19).
One of these resource guides produced aimed at supporting fellow communicators can be found on the CIPR’s public sector group’s website. This resource has been developed, tested and updated since the coronavirus outbreak began in the UK and is informed largely by research into official sources in that country.
In addition, support is being provided to the WordPress contributor community and other tech and AI groups internationally at this time of global public emergency.
The information featured in all the resources were current at time of publication.
Key information channels
- World Health Organization Coronavirus information – visit WHO website
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control on COVID-19
For those in the UK
– Health advice for the public – visit NHS website
– UK Government official guidance – visit Coronavirus guidance list
– Latest travel information – visit gov.uk website
– UK Government response to the outbreak – visit gov.uk website
– The UK Government’s Coronavirus Action Plan (published 3 March 2020)
11 March 2020: The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
Public health statistics relating to COVID-19
Situation Reports, World Health Organization
– these are regularly updated by the WHO.
– Report on 17 March 2020, shows epidemic curve of cases by date of report and WHO region.
Situation Dashboard for the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
– updated daily
– can be searched using time period filters
UK Government coronavirus cases tracking
More on this can be found on the COVID-19 page and UK daily statistics are updated on the CIPR’s LPS resource for communicators. This also has links to Government statements and other materials.
Help spread the message by sharing official public health media assets
Social media assets, web graphics and videos are available from the NHS, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and the World Health Organization’s public health campaigns for communicators to use and share in their channels and communications networks.
More details for the UK and links to public health channels are provided in the Resource for communicators on the CIPR’s LPS site.
Related articles relevant to the UK
Here are just some of the articles Abha Thakor has written relating to COVID-19 or been involved with the production.
- CIPR calls on Government to support freelancers as latest research shows half have lost more than 60 per cent of their income (6/4/2020)
- What communicators can do about misinformation, UK Government’s Misinformation Unit, and Parliamentary Inquiry (31/4/2020)
- ‘Keep donating blood for the NHS’ and find out how you can promote the message (UK Department of Health and Social Care confirmed travelling for donating blood classed as essential travel 24/3/2020).